New Old Boat

Gayle Force is a 1973 Columbia 23T. She is a shoal draft trailerable sailboat that belong to my late aunt and uncle and is named after my Aunt Gayle. The boat had been sitting neglected for a number of years in the trailer yard at Windycrest sailing club. My cousin Dan offered her to me for free if I would fix her up.

This blog is my attempt to document the work of restoring and refitting the boat to get her back into sailing condition. I have very little experience at doing this sort of work and is a learning experience.

My buddy Matt and I picked her up on August 26, 2018 after removing around 150 gallons of water and muck from the cabin and bilge with a shop vac. Over the course of the past couple of months the saturated hull has continued to fill the bilge and another 25-30 gallons of water has been pumped out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interior Repairs

First Steps